No. Lenders created through mergers, acquisitions, or reorganizations that are issued a new FHA Lender ID must apply for Lender Insurance (LI) authority through the Lender Electronic Assessment Portal (LEAP). The application must contain:
- a copy of the “Acknowledgment of Terms and Conditions for LI” screen in FHA Connection (FHAC), printed and signed by a Corporate Officer;
- the name and contact information of the LI contact person and, at the discretion of the lender, the name and contact information for the back-up LI contact person;
- the name and FHA Lender ID of the new lender;
- the names and FHA Lender IDs of the lenders participating in the merger, acquisition, or reorganization; and
- information identifying the management and staff experienced with LI processing employed by the new lender or transferring from a lender that previously held LI approval, and describing how the management and staff will continue to exercise LI responsibilities for the new lender.
The Lender Insurance Program web page is available at http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/housing/sfh/lender/lendins.
The LEAP User Manual is located at: www.hud.gov/lenders under the LEAP Information link in the Approvals & Renewals section.
Handbook 4000.1 I.A.5.b. is available at http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh.