What types of business forms can be approved as an FHA lender?

A Nonsupervised or Investing Mortgagee must be organized in one of the following acceptable business forms:

  •   Corporation
  •   Limited Liability Company (LLC)
  •   Series Limited Liability Company (LLC)
  •   Partnership
  •   Nonprofit

A sole proprietorship is not an acceptable business form.

For additional information see Handbook 4000.1 I.A.3.c.i. at http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh.